Friday, October 30, 2015

Crochet Pattern By Robin Lyman: Ribbed Baby Mittens

 Ribbed Baby Mittens
Pattern By Robin Lyman of RobbyGurl's Creations


I've been crocheting for a few months now and I am so crazy in love with it that I have gone crazy with projects! This pattern is my first I have ever successfully completed without any impurities. I love how adorable they are! When I set out to make them, I knew I wanted some baby mittens that weren't the typical single crochet stitch. Feel free do use this pattern for personal use and make/sell as many sets of baby mittens as you want! If you want to share this pattern, I ask that you please link it back to my blog, please do not claim it as your own pattern. Thank you! 


Chain 3, Join, do NOT chain 2
Round 1: 10 DC into center of joined chain 3, sl st into top of first DC (10 DC's), do NOT chain 2
Round 2: 2 DC into each stitch (20 DC's), sl st into top of first DC of the round.
Round 3: Chain 2, DC in the same stitch, *2 DC in the next stitch, 1 DC in the next stitch, continue this pattern around from * until you get back to the chain 2, sl st into the chain 2. (30 DC's)
Round 4: Chain 2, DC in the same stitch, *2 DC in the next stitch, 1 DC in the next 2 stitches, continue this pattern around from * until you get back to the chain 2, sl st into the chain 2. (40 DC's)
Round 5-10: *Chain 1, FPDC into first DC of the previous row, BPDC into the next DC, continue this from * until you get back to the first FPDC, sl st into the top of the FPDC. (40 stitches)
Round 11: Chain 1, HDC in each stitch around, sl st into chain 1 (40 Stitches)
Round 12: *Chain 1, HDC, chain 1, skip 1 stitch, continue this from * until you get back to the chain 1, sl st into chain 1.
Round 13: Block edging around, sl st, fasten off, sew in ends. (The block edging is NOT my pattern, you can find the instructions for it here.)


Mitten Tie: Chain 60, sew in ends. Thread chain through the chain 1 spaces of Round 12.


You can find the pattern for this hat here. The only thing I did differently from her pattern was on rows 13-16, instead of the Camel stitch (which I couldn't figure out how to do), I HDC for those 3 rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment